Sunday 27 April 2014

April Haul with Reviews

Hello again and welcome back to my blog!

This month I have left it a little later to post my haul so I can trial run all products for a little longer before giving you my thoughts and reviews.

This month I got a few new goodies and a couple of old favourites, lets get started!

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Shade Translucent
This is a repurchase for me, as I just love it. It's so cheap yet perfect to help set my makeup. As I have an oily t-zone I always carry this around with me, just to help me touch up any oily patches throughout the day. This is a great little powder and just does what it says on the erm.. tin? :-)

Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Foundation
This was a brave new purchase for me as at the beginning of the year I tried two new foundations and neither worked well for me. I was nervous that this would be the same but after hearing good things I thought I would give it a go, plus being a highstreet brand the price was reasonable (£8.99). This foundation claims to be a lot of things, it claims to improve your skin as well as offer great coverage and longwear use. It also has SPF 20 in it, which for me is an extra bonus as I really wanted a foundation that would help protect my skin from the sun.

Now first is first, does it improve your skin? Well I have used it almost a month now and I haven't seen any improvement to my skin, but honestly I find it hard to believe that any makeup is good for your skin and it isn't the reason I purchased it.

Does it offer great coverage? Yes! It's fabulous at covering any redness and dark circles.

And most importantly does it stay put? Yes, it does! This is the most important for me as due to my oily areas. Most foundations move about on me, but this stays all day without the need of touching up!

All in all, I love it and I think this is now the foundation I will be using the most. In the Summer I may switch to my Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation or mix the two together - this will help make it a little lighter and breathable for those hot Summer days.

Sienna X Gradual Glowing Self Tan
I'm always nervous about self tanning products as I seem to mess them up and get streaks and/or get darker elbows and knees. Sienna X's Tanning range promises no streaks and an idiot free way to tan. I used this for about 2 weeks straight and not once did I get any streaks. I did at one point get darker elbows but that was my doing as I forgot to moisturise before applying the tan. It's a lovely scent too as it smells like sunscreen and reminds me of the holidays. The tan it provides is a gorgeous and a natural finish; not a nasty orange that a lot of the self tanning products give you. The only downside to this product is the price, it's £15.95 per bottle, but I can see as long as I use this for special occasions to take away to edge of my naturally pale skin this should last me some time. I will repurchase this, but I hope it will be a while until I need to!

Maybelline Falsies Volume Express Mascara
This is another repurchase for me as I love, love, love this mascara! It's so reasonable and it makes my eyelashes so much longer and fuller. If I had to pick one item to take with me when I'm away, this would be it! For £7.99 give it a try, you won't regret it!

Barry M Lipgloss in Shade No 2
This is the first Barry M lipgloss I've purchased but I must say it's lovely. It's non sticky formula is perfect and they all have scents which was a nice surprise. This one smells of chocolate (does it get any better?!) - I was in heaven!! The Shade No 2 is a light brown/pink nude that is perfect for everyday wear. As Summer is approaching I wanted a lipgloss that was minimal to match my minimal makeup - this is perfect. I'm looking forward to trying some of the other shades out soon (as well as their scents!!).

Gillette Venue Olay Refillable Razor & Razor Pack
I love this razor, there is no more need for shaving cream as the Olay Gel does this for you, plus it smells divine (think coco butter). I would say this is great value for money as a razor alone, but the refillables are quite pricey and unfortunately don't last long. I'm almost needing to replace mine after only using it 3 weeks. Still, its lovely to use, does its job as it offers a nice close shave and smells amazing. I will be buying this again, I don't see myself going back to ever using shaving cream and a standard razor now! :-)

What did you guys get this month?

Thanks again for reading!
Jess xox

No comments:

Post a Comment