Monday 21 April 2014

My Skincare Routine


Hi again and thanks for visiting my blog!

This week I have decided to show you my current skincare routine (face only). I'm a big fan of Liz Earle products, so a lot of what I use is Liz Earle however I do use a few others. Anyway, lets get started!




My products on choice are currently...

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish
I love this cleanser, it's rich and moisturising and removes all traces of makeup, even tough waterproof mascaras. It's very gentle so it's good for most skin types. I have normal/combination skin with my t-zone being a little more oily than the rest of my face. I also love that after only a week of using this it left my face feeling silky smooth. I have been using it now for about a year and don't think I will be changing any time soon!

Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic (Toner)
This is the toner that comes with the Liz Earle 3 Step Routine. I love the smell of this toner, its light and refreshing. I always feel that if I skip this step my face doesn't quite feel as refreshed as it does when I use it.

Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser (Normal/Combination)
This moisturiser again comes with the 3 Step Routine, but I don't find it too oily for my skin. In the Summer I find it helps hydrate my skin perfectly and not leaving me with any oily patches, however in the Winter it can make it a little more oily - seems a bit backwards if you ask me! I think this Winter I may switch the lighter moisturiser from Liz Earle and see if this helps.

Liz Earle Daily Eye Repair
I got this little bad boy as a complimentary gift from Liz Earle and although I'm sure long term it helps my eyes its hard to see an instant improvement. I don't think it helps conceal my dark circles, but I do feel it helps hydrate the skin around my eyes. I like this but I don't think I will repurchase as I just like to see more results from my eye cream.































Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator
This exfoliator is amazing, it's so gentle to my skin and doesn't cause any breakouts after I use it. I tend to exfoliate once a week to help keep my skin smooth and clear. There is a subtle yet warming smell to this too because of the cocoa butter in it. I won't be moving away from this one for some time, defiantly a favourite!































La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo
This I use if I have a breakout. It recommends to use it daily but I'm not usually prone to breakouts and so I use it as and when I have any problem areas. I bought this after seeing Ruth from A Model Recommends saying it was amazing and her go to product. I can't say I would say otherwise, it really does what it says on the tube! It helps clear any breakouts and I feel it just stops them in their tracks and reduces the swelling. If you haven't tried it I would say sign up to their website and you can get a free sample to see what I mean.

Lush Catastrophe Cosmetic Fresh Face Mask
This face mask from Lush contains blueberries to help soothe your skin and any blemishes. I use it as I find it so refreshing on my skin and it calms down any redness. I use this about once a week as a part of my weekly pamper ;-) You can buy this at any Lush store for £6.49, however as its made from fresh ingredients you need to make sure you use it within 3 weeks of purchase.

































Decleor Paris Life Radiance Face Mask
I use this face mask if I'm feeling fancy and want that extra pick me up. It's very expensive but it always leaves my skin glowing as if I've just had a facial. I bought this as a little Christmas treat to myself after having it used on my face at my hen do about 6 months earlier. If you're looking to get yourself something a little special that will make your face glow I would defiantly recommend this. I use this about once a month.. in fact I think it's about time to use it again, whoopy! :-)































L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution
I use this cleanser if I'm in a rush and don't have time to do my 3 steps with my Liz Earle routine. It is very gentle and you can use it on your eyes as well as the rest of your face. It doesn't have any scent either and in fact I can see why everyone is raving about these 'water' like solutions. For something that feels like water, but removes all makeup and unlike toner doesn't dry out your skin! As you can see I've used quite a bit of this, and I will be buying another soon! At only £2.48 in Superdrug defiantly worth a try and much better for your skin than face wipes!

So that's my current routine, what do you guys use at home? Do you have any recommendations or anything you would like to me to try out and review?

Jess xox

2 comments:

  1. Excellent reviews, now I just need to go and buy some new products :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimi, glad I helped inspire you :-) Hope you enjoy them!

      Delete