Monday 28 July 2014

July Haul with Reviews


Hello everyone & welcome back to my blog! :)

This week I thought I would share my latest beauty haul with you all.

I popped into Boots for a couple of items and came out with quite a few more... oops! (Liz Earle product was purchased online through the Liz Earle website though) :)

So without any delay... This month's beauty haul!


Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder in Shade 51
I bought this bronzing powder mainly down to the fact its known to smell like chocolate. I know, I know, me and my scents!! Anyway, it's lovely. Shade 51 is perfect for my skin tone (fair) as it leaves a lovely soft sun kissed glow rather than anything to heavy. Yes, it smells of chocolate too, such a good reason to purchase an item if you ask me. Also as Boots were offering 3 for 2 I got a couple of other items from Bourjois :)

Garnier Micellar Water Solution
I bought this as I'd run out of my L'Oreal Micellar Water and wanted to try another to compare the two. This seems to be a like for like and offers the same things as L'Oreal. The main difference I noticed was the price was far more competitive as the bottle is larger you get more for your money. If you're new to micellar solutions I would recommend giving this one a shot as it's so kind to your skin and helps make you feel that extra fresh in the mornings.

Real Techniques Foundation Face Brush
This brush works wonders! I have the standard foundation brush from Real Techniques but this is something else! I'm not sure if its how I'm using it but the standard foundation brush I can't get on with. It seems to leave streaks of foundation on my face and I'm left having to blend it by hand. With this brush I use a circular motion to blend my foundation into my skin and it works wonders! For £9.99 you really can't go wrong and its saving me getting my fingertips dirty, bonus!

Liz Earle Brightening Eye Lotion
I got this lotion as a 'freebie' from Liz Earle with my order. The formula is similar to the toner, kind to your skin, gentle on the eyes - no tears and a nice neutral scent. I use this when I feel that I need an extra boost in my morning routine to get my eyes looking more awake and ready for the day ahead. I can't say I've noticed a massive difference as yet, but it feels very refreshing on my eyes and feels as if it soothes them from any 'puffiness'. All in all, I'm happy with the product but I would probably repurchase using cheaper channels as I'm not sure it's worth the full RRP of  £10.75.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in Shade 51
This foundation is amazing, its so dewy and blendable. It just works with your skin. My only flaw with this is I picked up the wrong shade and I think it's a tad off from my usual shade - but that is purely my error. It's a gorgeous formula and has a lovely fruity scent to it too which is a nice little extra when applying your makeup. I would say this is a more dewy option rather than my other foundations which I think is lovely for Summer and helping give you that 'healthy glow' as suggested by the name. Worth a try and I will definitely be repurchasing this one! :)

Soap and Glory Supercat Eyeliner Pen in Black
This has been a new wonder product for me. It's made putting on my eyeliner so much easier and quicker in the mornings. It's a felt tip end that obviously if you left without the lid on, it would dry out. I have used this for a few weeks now and I can't see it feeling or looking any dryer so think this should last a while. I may be able to now do cat eyes too! Ah the excitement is all too much!!

Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in Shade Peach and the Beach
I got this lipstick as my freebie in the 3 for 2 offer in Boots. Unsure on what to expect I wasn't sure if I would like it or not but to my surprise the shade was gorgeous and it was really moisturizing. As it promised long wear I was expecting it to feel dry, but it was glossy and lasted well on my lips. It promises 10 hour wear, I would say it may do this if you don't eat but for me it came off as I ate. It did last well through drinks though and didn't transfer too much on my mug, bonus!

Miss Sporty Lasting Colour Nail Polish in Shade 4148
I saw this gorgeous pink nail polish and bought it to see if it would be a dupe for the Hot Pink Shellac I had done a year ago. I've taken a picture below to show the final finish with two coats. I would say the shellac is a tad darker and deeper in colour, but for a dupe this was perfect. It was only £2.99 too which is much better price! I think next time I may try 3 coats and see if the colour is a little closer, but yes gorgeous colour and finish, lasted pretty well and the brush was nice and thick which made applying the nail polish easy and precise.

Here is the outcome, to the left is this nailpolish and to the right is the shellac hot pink.What do you guys think?



I hope you enjoyed this month's beauty haul. Did you guys head to Boots also for their 3 for 1 deals?

As always, thanks for visiting! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment