Saturday 8 November 2014

October Haul with Reviews

I'm a little later than usual posting this but I wanted to have a proper view of all products before posting.

I have quite a mix of goodies this time and a lot of them are from my little cheeky Avon order :)

To mark the change in seasons I have bought a couple of Autumn/Winter treats in this haul also. I hope you enjoy!

Primark Cinnamon and Maple Candle
This little treasure was 80p in Primark. Thinking it may not be any good I only bought one but after about 3/4 hours of burning it I'm not even half way through. It smells amazing too, very Christmassy but not too overpowering either. If you like warm and spicy candles this is one to try out! I'm definitely going to be picking up another!

Avon Luck Parfam for Her
This perfume is just gorgeous. I'm not very good with explaining scents but the smell reminds me of a warm Summer's evening. It's a classic and classy scent, but with a cheeky uplifting hint also. A pre-warning though - this smell is highly addictive! I could sniff it all day long. The only negative part of this perfume is that it's hard to smell past about 5 hours of wear. It's great for evenings out but if you're hoping for an all day perfume I suggest topping up around lunchtime. With this perfume I also got some freebies thrown in, both the body spray and the moisturiser. I haven't yet used either, but I'm sure as per their usual sprays and creams they will impress me :)

Body Shop Body Sorbet Moisturiser in Satsuma
I heard about this product through Essie Button's vlogs and thought it sounded so lovely and refreshing that I would give it a try. I usually don't buy too much from the Body Shop as I tend to think it's a little overpriced, but this little baby was only £3 (on offer at the time). I love the scent of this product, it's very light and fresh, yet it's not too strong after it has dried. The product itself I'm not overly keen on, first of all the texture of the product and the colouring makes it look better suited as a shower gel than a moisturiser, and when you apply the product it tends to take a lot of working into the skin to avoid looking like you just wiped fresh fruit over your skin. It's a real shame but due to this I wouldn't be buying this one again, it was nice to try something new and something from the Body Shop but this one just didn't cut it for me.

Avon Gel Finish Nail Polish in Mauvelous
I haven't bought a nail polish from Avon for some time now but looking at this shade online it just looked too gorgeous to miss. It's the perfect Autumn shade, brown with a hint of red. The formula of this polish also allows it to glide on the nail perfectly and the gel finish has seemed to live up to it's name. 3 days without a top coat and not one chip so far! I would definitely recommend these! Such a good little polish, oh and the brush is the perfect size too - means only a couple of strokes and the nail is covered. 

Bourjois Shine Lipstick, Number 26
I picked up this little number as I wanted a nice nude with a small touch of shimmer to give a glossy effect. After many, many swatches in Boots (and about 20 minutes of my time) I managed to find it. Number 26! It was a little pricey, at £6.99 but compared to other lipsticks with similar staying power it was reasonable. I love the shade of this one, it's the perfect everyday, all year round shade and it just gives your lips that touch of colour and shimmer without being obvious. This I have worn pretty much the whole way through October :)

What did you ladies treat yourself to in October?

Jess xox

No comments:

Post a Comment