Monday 30 March 2015

My March Favourite's



Hello again everyone!

This week I thought I would share my March favourites with you. I have included in here a few new items as well as some old faithful items. I hope you enjoy! :-)

First up I have the, Garnier Olia Hair Colour Treatment in 4.15 Iced Chocolate. Now this stuff is fab and I'm not sure why I haven't mentioned it before. I tend to dye my hair every 3 or so months as I dye it close to my natural shade so don't really show any roots (well I hope anyway, ha!). I have used this dye for about a year or so and I actually used it again last night to give me a refresh on the product itself. Now this dye has no ammonia in it so it's really kind to your hair, and it shows too! Every time I use this it leaves my hair glossy and healthy looking (weirdly, but I'm not complaining!). I also like the fact that due to having no ammonia it doesn't have that horrid strong hair colour scent either. It's really easy to apply and after 30 minutes (if you dye it every 3 months or so) you wash it out and apply a conditioner that's also in the pack. I love this, it's kind to my hair, leaves a colour that is true to the box and is easy to do at home, wahoo!

Now this is a new product that I purchased a week ago and sadly it hasn't lived up to my hopes and dreams. It's the Bourjois CC Eye Cream Concealer. Now perhaps the clue is in the name and I should have tried another concealer, however the formula of his is way too creamy for my liking. Even after letting it set into my skin it leaves creases and when I apply a setting powder it looks really cakey. Sadly I will not be repurchasing this one, it was nice to try something new but this just doesn't perform for my skin. Ps I have no idea why I put this in a favourites - perhaps because I'd hoped it would be?! (blame my baby brain!!)

The next new product I tried this month was Bourjois Blush in 16 Rose Coup De Foudre. Now this blusher is stunning. It's a peachy shade with a hint of shimmer in it and it's just perfect for Spring time. The shade itself actually reminds me of Nars Orgasm Blusher but it's a little less pink and more peach. For a 1/3 of the price defiantly worth a try. This has overtaken my love of the NYX Blusher Pinched (a dupe of the Nars Blusher Orgasm) as it's just that much softer of a shade.

Another new beauty product I tried this month is the Collection Eye Uncovered Pallet in Nude Bronze. Now firstly this pallet in my opinion is great for traveling as well as for everyday use. The shades are stunning and this bronze pallet has shimmery eye shadows in it which I thought would be perfect for this time of the year. This is a bargain purchase at only £2.99 as it has everything you need for your eyeshadow, including a highlighter and a darker shade for your crease. My only wish for this is that there be a nice brush and a mirror, but for £2.99 you can't really complain can you?! :-)

My last beauty product favourite for this month is the Essie Nail Polish in Sunday Funday. I bought this last year but I applied it again recently and several people thought I had been to a salon to get my nails done. Now I'm not sure whether this was because of the shade or the finish, but as always with Essie polishes they're great and my absolute favourite brand. They're a little more expensive than the standard highstreet brand but they last and give a high quality professional finish too. This shade is just gorgeous, it's a peachy pink with a hint of shimmer - this will match my new blusher perfectly!

Now onto a couple of random favourites for the month... firstly my new iPhone case by New Look. This was £5.99 in New Look and as I keep finding myself being more busy in my daily routine I have also become more clumsy. To try and protect my phone from damage I thought a cute little case would help. This one is very girly. It has a nude pink shade to it and little diamontee's all over - just very me and it goes with most things so doesn't tend to clash with my outfits.

Lastly this random favourite was a naughty treat to myself, my Ted Baker Purse. This purse is also very me... it's pink with rose gold detail and it has a bow as the clasp! If I were to design a purse this would be it! I treated myself after becoming a new Mommy. This is just perfect, every time I open my handbag this lovely gem just picks up my mood.

I hope you enjoyed my monthly favourites for March. If this is the type of blog post you would like to see more of please let me know and I will try and do them monthly for you all :-)

Thanks for reading! Jess xox

No comments:

Post a Comment