Wednesday 6 May 2015

My Current Everyday Spring Makeup Routine

Hello again and welcome back to my blog!

This week I'm showing you my current makeup routine for Spring.

Now some of these products are well loved and so look a little tatty and may not even be sold anymore but this is an honest post on my everyday products for Spring and so here we go...

First I start with my eye makeup. I know this may seem odd but I hate any fallout from my eye shadow going on my face and so to avoid that I do my eyes first. I'm currently using the Collection Eye Uncovered Pallet in Nude Bronze and am loving it. I use the lightest shade in the corners of my eyes to make them look wide awake and then the gold/bronze shade for the rest of my lid. To finish I add a little eyeliner across my lashline using the No7 Stay Perfect Eyeliner. This eyeliner I've used for years and it's so soft and longlasting that I haven't needed to try anything else.

Next I apply my foundation; I'm currently using Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in Shade 51. I love, love, love this foundation. It's a great formula and just glides over my skin giving me a nice medium coverage - not too heavy and not too light either. My only issue is that the lightest shade (51), is a little too dark for me still and so am hoping they will bring out another light shade for me to try one day. I apply this foundation with my real techniques buffing brush and also apply my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer on any blemishes and blend that in also. To set this base I use my beloved Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent.

I then fill my eyebrows with an Eyebrow pencil from Primark. Now I have no idea what this is called as the text has rubbed off and since trying to buy another they've stopped selling it. They look like they have another version which may be similar but I have yet to try it. The pencil I have though is great, I use shade dark brown and lightly fill my brows then use the brush at the end to blend a little so it appears more natural.

I will then add a little blush, I'm currently using my Bourjois Blush in 16 Rose Coup De Foudre. This blusher is lovely but as I love a slightly heavier blush than most I would say needs to be applied 'heavily' compared to some other blushers. I love the natural pink/peach glow that this gives you.

The finished look is this...
 












 




 

Thanks for reading! Stay happy! Jess xox

2 comments:

  1. Hi dear, what a lovely blog you have here and very interesting post, did we follow each other already? If not, would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and INSTAGRAM? if you decided to follow me, PLEASE let me know so I can follow you back.

    My Blog: ‪ http://lovjoice.blogspot.com/
    Bloglovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/love-joice-3831938
    Instagram: https://instagram.com/l0vej0ice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi honey,

      Thank you! You have a great blog too!

      I've followed you on the above accounts. Follow me back :) xx

      Delete