Wednesday 12 August 2015

GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment Review




So this week I have been testing another much loved and raved product. This time it's the GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment Mask. 

I was in two minds whether to get this or not. The mask is quite pricey (£40 per pot), but after reading such good reviews I really wanted to try it out. After a sneaky bonus I decided to treat myself and take the leap!

This mask can be used to clear up acne, blackheads and breakouts. I was testing it mainly for blackheads and the odd breakout. My skin type is typically oily/combination.

Firstly the texture is smooth with an odd flake of what looks like seaweed. You only need a small layer on the area with the breakout, acne, etc. This then dries and changes colour. When drying the mask pulls out any excess oil and it shows up on your mask (a mix of nasty and fascinating). The mask does tingle a little and hardens when drying but that's the sign it's working.


So my thoughts. Well I did notice that my skin was clearer and tighter after using the mask however it does still miss the odd blackhead. I must admit after trying this on a couple of breakouts I fell in love with it a little more as it really did help. It dried it up and by morning the pimple was no longer!

Overall it's pretty amazing stuff, but I would use it sparingly so you get your monies worth.
For the price it's expensive but it will last a long time as you only treat the area in question and with a thin layer. I've used this a few times now and it hasn't even made a difference in the pot.
I think for the average user it will last between 9-12 months, not too shabby!

Thanks for reading!
Jess x

10 comments:

  1. Ooh that sounds really cool; I like the concept as well as the packaging. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it's quite cute little packaging for what it is really :)

      Delete
  2. I love this mask! The flashmud is my current favourite.


    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I may have to give that one a try Liz! xx

      Delete
  3. My fave is the black one although I haven't tried them all. I just got the green one and I have a bit left of the white one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, may have to get the black one next then Eli!x

      Delete
  4. This sounds like it will have to be added to my need to purchase list! Always looking to away with those black head and of course pimples

    www.blabberblair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried this one and the Youth Mud mask (the original one in the black pot) is my favourite, I found it worked better on my skin. But the youthmud one dries up quickly, where as this one is still good to use and I'v had it for about a year! :) x



    miss.josiana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I love things that are long lasting too - especially when you're spending that much on something :) x

      Delete