Thursday 6 August 2015

Loreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Mist for Fine Hair Review


Hello!

This week I'm reviewing the Loreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Mist (for fine hair).

I wasn't sure whether to buy this product as I was torn between a few options. Either my beloved, Kerastase Nectar Thermique, the raved Moroccan Oil Treatment or this little product. Now, honestly it came down to budget. I thought if this works, and it's half the price of my current treatment and is a lot cheaper than the Moroccan Oil than I'll be one happy lady. So I took my chances and bought the budget friendly option.

I was a bit sceptical at first, an oil... on fine hair - surely this will weigh my hair down and make it look greasy? Well, you apply a small amount to the lengths and ends of your hair when damp and once dry it leaves your hair smooth and easy to manage. And it really does!

For me the added bonus with this (other than price), is that you can use it when drying your hair naturally too (air dry, rather than hairdryer). The Kerastase Nectar Thermique weighed my hair down if I tried to do it with that, so it was never an option.

The only slight difference I saw was the finish wasn't as sleek as the Kerastase Nectar Thermique. It did leave my hair a little frizzy. Now I suppose it depends on what you're doing with your hair for the day. If you're having it up than you may not notice this anyway and it does calm down after a while (at least on my hair it does), or you can use another product to smooth over your hair.

For me I love the fact that this is so similar to the Moroccan Oil, yet is a nice budget version. I personally though, I still think I will try the Moroccan Oil. I don't like to use too much product on my hair and if I can use just one - even if it's a little more costly that ticks all the boxes than I may just may take the plunge. I think I will do a little more research on it first and see if I can use it while air drying my hair but I'm tempted.

Have you tried any of these products? Which hair treatment do you swear by? I would love to hear your comments and thoughts.

Thanks for reading :-)
Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment