Monday 17 August 2015

Urban Decay Naked Smoky Pallet Review



Hi all!

Now if you follow me on Instagram you may already know that I purchased the new Urban Decay Naked Smoky Pallet - yay!!

This pallet is very different from the other three as it focuses on the smoky eye look rather than neutrals. At first this put me off as I wasn't sure if the shades were workable with other looks but after seeing it in person I took the leap and bought one!

Now the pallet itself... 

As you can see it has various shades in there but mainly focusing on some dark greys and browns. With 12 shades to this pallet you have plenty to work with and each are highly pigmented so a little goes a long way. My two favourite shades are; Armor & Slanted - these are just gorgeous!

The purple shade, Smolder is probably the biggest let down of the pallet as it comes out very dark and not very purple at all, but overall this pallet is stunning.

The packaging of this pallet is definitely my favourite yet from the Naked series. It's so easy to open and close, easy to keep clean and looks beautiful on my dresser too!

Although this pallet is aimed at creating the perfect smoky look (it even comes with a guide!) you're able to create so many different looks with it. It's simply gorgeous and I'm so glad I invested in this one too!

Have you guys bought the new pallet, what did you think?

Thanks for reading!
Jess x

9 comments:

  1. This is on my wishlist! I think after payday it will be added to my collection!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just gorgeous Liz! So glad I got it :-) xx

      Delete
  2. I very rarely splurge on high-end makeup products, but I'm not ashamed to admit that the UD palettes have always been a guilty pleasure! I'll hopefully invest in one one day just because they're so pretty to look at, agh!

    thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would like all of them but at the moment I have 1, 3 and smoky - missing no 2! Agh!! x

      Delete
  3. I bought this today and I am already absolutely in love with it! I had been eyeing it up since the first bloggers and youtubers started talking about it pre-release and I finally decided to buy it as a results present for myself and I love it! It's great to here your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah so glad you treated yourself! I love this pallet so much - it's just so pretty!! x

      Delete
  4. It definitely looks like a mix of the other palettes in One to me! Fabulous! X

    Dungaree loving over on-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's soon become one of my favourites Emmajane! I just love how much you can do with it :) x

      Delete
  5. This looks amazing, I need this in my life !!

    Zeynab x
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete