Thursday 27 August 2015

Which Naked Pallet Is Right For You?

Hi,

This week I thought I would share with you my thoughts on my Urban Decay Naked pallets and the differences that each pallet have for those of you who are thinking of purchasing one.

So I bought these in a really random order, my first was Naked, then I bought Naked 3, then Naked Smoky and my latest purchase is actually the Naked 2  - confusing I know!

Anyway, here are the pallets in all their glory and the differences with each.

Naked (1)


Naked 1 is a mixture of deep browns holding some shimmer and some matte. This is a great pallet to start with as it will suit all skin tones. My favourite shades in this one is Virgin, Sidecar, Smog & Toasted.

Considering that I've had this for a few years now it's still going pretty strong! My only issue with this pallet is the packaging. The pallet is in a felt sort of packaging meaning it marks easily and there is no magnetic close so it can be knocked open too.

Naked 2
This is my newest addition to my collection so these pictures are of the item brand new.

This pallet is aimed at those with a cool undertone to their skin tone - so this pallet is perfect for me.

Again the packaging isn't my favourite but this one does snap shut so that's a definite improvement from the first pallet.

After using it a few times since purchasing I would say the shades that seem to be favourites in this pallet are; Suspect, Verve & YDK - these shades are just stunning!

Naked 3
I must admit I love this pallet so much but the colours don't work overly well on my skin tone. This pallet is aimed at those with a warm undertone to their skin but I just love pink shades and so this was an obvious purchase for me.


My go to shades in this pallet are; Strange, Limit, Nooner, Liar & Mugshot.

The packaging on this pallet is the same as the Naked 2 but this time with a rose gold outer casing.

Naked Smoky
This pallet as you may have seen with one of my recent posts is the latest release from Urban Decay.

The name probably gives it away, but this pallet is aimed for the smoky eye look. For that reason alone I almost didn't get it but honestly you can do so much with this pallet!

I love it's vast different shades and the packaging is also my favourite yet! The case is plastic but with a slick magnetic close - lovely!

My favourite shades in this pallet are; High, Armor, Slanted, Dagger & Password.




Finally a shot of all the pallets against each other


 You can see here all the different shades and styles each pallet has.

I hope this has helped some of you see the differences in each pallet but also know why each are just as gorgeous too.

Have you tried any of the Naked pallets, if so what is your favourite? I think mine is between Naked 2 & Naked Smoky - I just love them!!

Thanks for reading!
Jess x

14 comments:

  1. I think my favourite palette is the naked 3 as I just love brown and nude shades, I am yet to purchase naked smoky but I am not a fan of the smoky eye so I may hold out.

    Emma xx http://emmasworld31.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love 3 too - you can see why I ended up with all 4 though right? Ha! :)

      Delete
  2. Love this post; and for me it will always be the first!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annabel. Yep the first pallet is definitely something special x

      Delete
  3. Such a great post! x
    My fave would have to be Naked 1, the shades are just perfect for me. Although I have to agree the packaging is not the best possible

    hhappylittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I great post. I've not tried any of the Naked palettes but this would be handy if I was buying for myself or a friend.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a love the original Naked but you might have just enabled me into getting Naked 2 as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, it's such a gorgeous pallet Sarah x

      Delete
  6. I've never bought a UD Naked Palette but have always wanted, but when I realized there were multiple versions I was like "Oh god." Thanks for this post! I'd probably get the Naked 1 or Smoky - love all those brown tones and darker smoky shades.

    thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Jasmine, glad you found it helpful :-)

      Delete
  7. I've always wanted to get a palette but not sure which one, this helped a lot!

    LaurieElle.com xx

    ReplyDelete