Monday 7 September 2015

My Moisturiser Collection


Hello again!

I have a new little post for you this week - my moisturiser collection and my thoughts on each. I have been meaning to do this post for a while but I wanted to get one more moisturiser to try out before giving my final thoughts.

Now I have funny old reasons why I have so many but I'll list the difference between these all below for you all and also my overall favourite at the moment too.

Soap and Glory Righteous Butter - £10 - Buy here
I love how thick and creamy this stuff is and after using it my skin always feels nice and hydrated. The scent isn't too overpowering either - it's such a calming smell compared to some of their other scents. Boots usually hold a 3 for 2 on the range so you can always stock up on a few items at a go.

Nivea Firming Lotion - £3.39 - Buy here
Now this one I bought after giving birth as I wanted something gentle with no or a very mild scent and also something that may help rehydrate my skin. This stuff ticked all those boxes at the time but now as I'm feeling more myself I don't tend to reach for this one often. Saying that I won't be throwing it out either, I like that it's got a mild to no scent so if you want something light on your skin before applying purfume this is perfect. 

Lush Dream Cream - £11.95 - Buy here
This may be my new favourite. It's a calming scent that is light enough to not overpower any purfume. The creamy lotion can be applied to all skin types and will help most conditions, red bumps, spots and even some more severe conditions too (check the Lush website for recommendations). I used this on my legs just after shaving and it didn't case any discomfort and actually helped soothe my legs. It all calmed down any red bumps on my arms which I loved as nothing else has worked this quickly or well before! All in all, for me this is my new favourite - I can see why it's Lush's number 1 selling product!

Soap and Glory Smoothie Star Body Milk - £10 - Buy here
I used to love this body milk from Soap and Glory but now I find the scent of this one is too strong. Also if I put this on my legs after shaving it burns a little - not so nice. So this one has actually gone in the bin now for me. I'm not sure if this is a common side effect or I may just be super sensitive but I find the Dream Cream works much better for me.

Liz Earle Botanical Body Cream - £19 - Buy here
This is a joint favourite of mine. I think purely because the scent is gorgeous, the cream is nice to use as dries quickly and it's nice and calming to my skin. I wouldn't say it works as well on skin conditions as the Lush Dream Cream but it is a close second. If you're after something with a little more scent than this may be one to go for.

So that's it.. my current favourite is the Lush Dream Cream. Have you tried any that you think I may like and should try next? I would love to hear your suggestions!

Thanks for reading!
Jess x

16 comments:

  1. Love your picks, these are some of my faves too! I've never tried to the Liz Earle body cream so may give this a go! xo

    Jessica Ann ♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! Yep I love the Liz Earle body cream, I think this is my third tube! xx

      Delete
  2. I love the Righteous Butter! I've never tried the Nivea Firming Lotion but I love the Nivea Soft that comes in a white tub, it's so fresh and dries in so quickly!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the firming lotion works in a similar way but with some magic included so it can help tone your skin too! xx

      Delete
  3. This is just what I needed to read! My skin has been so dry lately, I can't wait to try some of these out! Thanks for the recommendations.

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So needed this post! I am on the hunt to find a good moisturizer!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that was great timing then Renee :) Thanks for your comment! xx

      Delete
  5. Love your picks! I really wanna try the Lush Dream cream, it sounds like a dream.. haha!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky. The dream cream is gorgeous and so nice to apply too - I find myself using it everyday now too! xx

      Delete
  6. I have heard so much about how good the Soap and Glory creams are, I definitely need to get on that bandwagon! Great post gorgeous! XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to really love the Lush Dream Cream, I haven't used it in a really long time though! Such a good moisturiser though :)

    Megan x / http://megaanalicec.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it Megan, I'm using it daily! :) I think moisturiser is easily forgotten though, I'm amazed I'm managing to use it daily at the moment but its sooo nice!! xx

      Delete
  8. Ah Dream Cream has been on my wish list for ages! May have to invest after reading your post - didn't know it was so good at reducing redness! Thank you :-)
    Emma x

    emmasenclosure | baking & beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I love it so much! Let me know if you get it and how you get on with it too - it's a must have for me now! xx

      Delete
  9. Really want to try some of the ones youv picked, especially the righteous butter!
    http://tashaforrest.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete