Sunday 29 November 2015

This is a Goodbye...



Hello again!

There comes a time when you realise that something you had high hopes and dreams for may not go to plan.

Now I believe this isn't ‘failing’ or ‘giving up’… I think this is me realising that perhaps I can’t commit my life to this right now.

As you may have seen my once busy blog – with at least 2/3 posts a week has slowed down somewhat. This has been down to a mixture of things and I want to be honest with you so you too can understand my journey. This has been on my mind for a little while now and I've had to really make sure on what is right thing to do, for me.

Firstly finding new material to write about as a beauty blogger usually means I invest in some new product (yay). But when I'm trying to be a good girl and budget my wallet isn’t so happy about this. So I don’t write as much (boo!).

Secondly my family is my focus – forever and always they come first. This means I may not find the time to write sometimes or will find it hard to get in the ‘zone’ so I’m able to write well (well the best I can!).

Thirdly I'm focusing on my work/life balance and now I'm back at work my ‘free time’ is limited a little more – meaning less writing time.

So really, to gain a little more balance in my life this sadly is goodbye, at least for now.

This hasn't been an easy decision and there will be days were I really miss writing but I don’t like to do things half-hearted. For me it’s all or nothing and if I can’t give my all I don’t want to let you (and myself) down.

I have really enjoyed writing and meeting so many lovely people along the way – thank you for all your support over this past year or so! You have been the reason why I would go back and write new material every week!

Keep happy, keep busy and keep writing fellow bloggers!!
Jess xx

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jess, I am sad to hear this as I enjoy coming to your blog and reading, but I do totally understand. I started my blog with such high hopes and it has been almost 6 months but is really wearing my down with classes and family and searching for a full time job after graduation. My posts per week have gone down as well, so we will see what happens. Hope you are doing well and I hope to see you post again in the future!

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete